Braces in Palmdale, CA
Braces in Palmdale, CA
At AV Sierra Dental Center in Palmdale, California, we offer a range of orthodontic treatments to patients of all ages. One of the most popular treatments is straightening teeth with traditional metal braces. This method is time-proven to effectively move teeth into their correct positions for a healthy, well-aligned smile.
What Are Braces?
With traditional braces, metal brackets are fixed to the front surface of your teeth, and then a wire is threaded through the brackets. The dentist can tighten the wire, manipulating it to place pressure on the teeth that need to move. The process of moving your teeth into the correct position can seem lengthy, but it’s important to move them gradually, changing the tension on the wires frequently.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Metal Braces?
Metal braces are most commonly seen on teenagers, but they are suitable for adults, too. If your permanent teeth are crooked, misaligned, have gaps between them, are overcrowded, or have bite issues (such as overbite, underbite, or crossbite), you could be an excellent candidate for braces.
If you are one of our regular patients in Palmdale, California, we will keep track of the alignment of your teeth and let you know if and when you could benefit from braces. We always educate you fully on all your treatment options so that you can make the choice that is right for you.
Benefits of Traditional Metal Braces
Metal braces have been used for many years as an effective way to straighten teeth. They remain a popular choice because there are so many benefits.
- Metal braces can solve a multitude of dental issues. If you have severe bite problems or other complex problems, braces are the most reliable way to fix them.
- Traditional metal braces are affordable, making it possible for more people to get the orthodontic results they want.
- Metal braces get reliable results. Because they are fastened to your teeth, you won’t be able to take them out. Your dentist will keep track of your progress, ensuring you get the best results in the shortest amount of time possible. There’s no way for you to remove your braces yourself and slow down the progress.
- Traditional braces are better-looking than they used to be. Metal braces got a bad reputation for how they used to look, but their appearance has improved over the years. These days, they aren’t quite so big and bulky, and they can come in various attractive colors.
- Traditional braces are better looking than they used to be. Metal braces got a bad reputation for how they used to look, but their appearance has improved over the years. These days, they aren’t quite so big and bulky, and they can come in various attractive colors.
How Long Do You Have to Wear Braces?
The length of your braces treatment could vary from someone else’s. In general, metal braces usually require 18-24 months to straighten teeth properly. The beautiful results at the end of your treatment are gratifying!
The Cost of Braces
Braces for dependent children could be fully or partially covered under a dental insurance plan. Dental insurance typically does not cover orthodontic care for adults. Please contact our dental office in Palmdale, CA, for specific pricing questions.
Reasons Why You Can Feel Good About Getting Your Braces at AV Sierra Dental Center
Our professional dental team is dedicated to giving you the best dental care possible. Dr. Hanseen is our orthodontist, and he does amazing work with all his patients. He is highly educated and skilled in orthodontics, and it is his pleasure to help people improve their smiles for better dental health and a more beautiful appearance. All of us at AV Sierra Dental Center treat patients like family, building quality relationships that result in trust and a greater sense of comfort whenever you are in the office. We hope you come to us if you have any questions about getting traditional metal braces to straighten your teeth. Please schedule your appointment today.